Tuesday, January 13, 2009

When A Hard Drive Goes Between

Any Anne McCaffery fans out there will know exactly what that means.

It happened a few days ago, completely without warning. It didn't even have the courtesy to leave me a note explaining why it was going.

My neighbor, who is an IT kinda guy (knows more than me when it comes to computers, anyway) came over and formatted the disc and reinstalled all the software (except for that fershlugginer Panda AV program, to which I bid a here's-yer-hat-what's-yer-hurry kind of good riddance.

However, all my favorites are lost. And I had blogs on that list which I now have to rediscover all over again...if I can remember which ones I had on that list.

Ah, well. It's a little like having your house get flatened by a tornado, I guess. The up side of things is that you don't need to bother catching up on all the housework you've been putting off...

10 Comments:

Blogger JeanC said...

Ouch!!!! This is why the hubby is always going "backups! backups! backups!". If one's hard drive decides to decamp, at least you have a reasonably currently back up of the important stuff on a thumb drive or DVD/CD.

Oh well, there can be fun trying to find all your sites again and may discover news ons on the way :)

Friday, January 16, 2009 5:37:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

Yeah, just what I need -- more stuff to take up more of my time, lol.

Looking for a good deal on flash drives...

Friday, January 16, 2009 7:10:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Don't forget us at Konnichi Wa, Ya'll. I'm a big Anne McCaffrey fan, but I don't remember that reference. ???? Brief explanation?

Thursday, February 26, 2009 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Chimera said...

When a dragon went between, he went into the void, between times and places. Like Star Trek's transporter, except instantly, and with an extra dimension.

Unless the dragon or his rider died. Then he went between and stayed there. That's why there are no dragon bones on Pern.

And that's where my hard drive went...

Sunday, March 01, 2009 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Wright Gilbert said...

Where have you been & whatcha been up to. No posting in a LONG time.

Friday, October 02, 2009 7:20:00 AM  
Blogger Janus Bellator said...

Chimera has morphed. And moved.

http://janusgates.blogspot.com/

Posts are infrequent. But feel free to visit.

Thursday, November 05, 2009 5:19:00 AM  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

G'day.. and I am no longer a "dormant blog" :)

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger Janus Bellator said...

Hey! Beepbeep! G'Day!

My new blog is over here:

http://janusgates.blogspot.com/

(formerly Chimera)

Sunday, February 07, 2010 1:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chimera,

I just have a quick question for you but couldn't find an email so had to resort to this. I am a progressive blogger. Please email me back at barbaraobrien@maacenter.org when you get a chance. Thanks.

Barbara

Thursday, June 03, 2010 11:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chimera,

please email me!

Barbara

Thursday, March 03, 2011 11:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home