Friday, October 24, 2008

What Really Bugs Me About Palin

is that she talks, almost exclusively, in subordinate clauses and non-sequiturs. She also incorporates multiple tenses.

It's like trying to listen to someone sing several different songs at the same time in three different keys.

Give it a listen. I will totally understand if you can't listen to the whole thing because your ears start to bleed when you do that. But listen to the start of it, anyway, and see if you don't hear her mangling the English language in gulps and phrases.

And the purentee gall of it all is that she expects to be under-fucking-stood! And elected on that basis!

1 Comments:

Blogger M. B. Dezotell said...

I WISH I didn't understand what she was saying! I deal with American teenagers a lot, so I have learned to understand the dialect of the poorly educated (though compared with Mrs Palin, most of them sound like Harvard graduates)(Sarah pale in comparison?).

What she says horrifies me far more than how she says it.

I agree with Matt Damon. If my favorite super-spy, (makes-James-Bond-look-like-Maxwell-Smart) Jason Bourne is afraid of something, I am NOT hanging around to see my country gutted like a moose.

If McCain wins: Hello, Canada!

Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home