Monday, March 03, 2008

Add My Name To The Lawsuit, Stevie!

"Mr. Harper filed a notice of libel suit Monday against Mr. Dion, two other top members of his caucus and the party. Court documents obtained by CTV and The Globe and Mail say two articles published on the Liberal website were “devastatingly defamatory” to the Prime Minister.

"The notice of libel, which also names Liberal Deputy Leader Michael Ignatieff and House Leader Ralph Goodale, takes on the Opposition for saying that Mr. Harper knew Conservative party officials attempted to bribe Mr. Cadman to vote against a Liberal budget in the spring of 2005."

[...]

"The libel notice says the articles suggest that Mr. Harper is 'dishonest, unethical, immoral and lack integrity.'"

Okay. I'll do more than suggest it -- I'll make an outright accusation:

Stephen Harper is dishonest, unethical, immoral, and lacks integrity!

And you can add to that list of what I consider to be his attributes: venal, infantile, pusillanimous, odious, retributive, vindictive, inflexible, vituperative, puerile, monomaniacal...dear gods, I don't have enough breath or time to list all his qualities, so I'll simply refer everyone to OneLook and let you all add your own favorites to the list.

Then you can invite him to add your own name to his little lawsuit.

What's he gonna do? Have us all arrested? Have us all sued? Is it, like, treason or something to call the Prime Minister a liar, a coward, and a bully? It might well be, y'know. Remember, in Canada, the truth is no defense against libel!

WTF...lock me up...I need some medical attention, and I'd like it done sooner rather than later, and I'd rather not pay for it myself, so if I go to jail, Harper gets to feed me and house me and see to my needs, and he gets...what? A little notch on his belt buckle?

And I'd like to emphasize that this has nothing whatsoever to do with Harper's politics. It has to do with character, or his complete and utter lack of it.

(H/T CC...the first of many who are on this)

5 Comments:

Blogger Candace said...

I dunno. I lived in Cadman's riding for a while, in fact, was there when his son was murdered prior to him seeking office.

I'm thinking if Chuck told the media that it didn't happen, he did so for a reason.

I'm also thinking that Mrs. Cadman was no great fan of PMSH, even prior to him becoming PMSH, so why sit on the story? Which, apparently, she is now saying she doesn't think Harper actually knew about it, so you're saying they both are liars? (Chuck and Donna) Because that would need to be true (the liar part) in order for the story to be true.

And, call me gullible or whatever, I doubt very much that IF it happened, Harper knew about it, because whatever you may think of him, he's a damn good political operative and strategist and is not so stupid as to think something like this wouldn't bite him in the a$$ bigtime. Hence the lawsuit.

I know you can't stand the guy (Harper), but I think you're letting your dislike get in the way of logic.

Chuck Cadman "It didn't happen"
Donna Cadman "It happened but Harper didn't know about it"
Harper "I was aware of discussions but not the content"

Sometimes when A=B and B=C, that means that A=C. Sometimes not.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 12:56:00 AM  
Blogger Chimera said...

Chuck never said it didn't happen. Matter of fact, he was reported to be furious about it! If you're getting your information about that from the James Moore story, keep in mind that James is trying to get his own odor a little better scented right now (not that he really needs to, but it's being perceived that he needs to, which in politics is the same thing) with Harper.

What Chuck said was that he had not been approached by any other parties. James conveniently left out those last four words.

I don't know what's going on in Dona's head right now, but she's lying about something, and for some reson only she knows. Either she's lying now, or she lied previously, when she told exactly the opposite story. And if she were the only person Chuck spoke to about the bribe, she might have some credibility. But Jody and Holland (Chuck's son-in-law) also heard Chuck talk (rage?) about the attempted bribe.

I don't think it's possible for Harper to know about the discussion and not know the details. He doesn't let anyone in his sphere of influence go to the bathroom without permission and a full debriefing. He's too much of a micromanager to allow something to happen without knowing every little thing about it.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

You had me up to here: " He doesn't let anyone in his sphere of influence go to the bathroom without permission and a full debriefing. He's too much of a micromanager to allow something to happen without knowing every little thing about it."

That's your opinion and dislike of the guy getting in the way of logic. Chretien was also a control freak, as was Trudeau. Just because we got used to slipshot PMPM is no reason to think that all leaders should have such loose control of their gov't.

And no matter what you think of Harper, he wouldn't file a suit if he didn't think he had a case. Ergo, I suspect he has a case.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

Harper hasn't filed a suit. He has threatened to sue, trying to induce libel chill. But there's no lawsuit yet.

You're right. I don't like Harper. I didn't like Chretien, either. And I wasn't too crazy about Martin. Mulroney was vile, and Trudeau was loathsome. Joe Clark was okay, but he didn't last long. And Kim...Kim...what was her name...is forgettable.

But Harper has a chokehold on MPs that rivals anything I've ever seen. He really does have a deathgrip on everything they say and do. His temper has its own area code, and he does not balk at forcing the MPs to reverse themselves publicly if he thinks they're out of line with him. They are quite simply not allowed to have their own opinions. And he doesn't want to hear about yours, either.

If you don't believe me, try asking Laurie.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 12:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, PET was far worse, but he was a Liberal from Eastern Canada, so that makes him a great commun....I mean leader.

I've kicked around a post about this one, but don't think I'm gonna do one, for the simple fact there is so little actual proof for either side, which is precisly why the Liberal Party shouldn't have posted anything on thier own site.

The PM had them in his sites like a big 'ol buck and probably had staff sitting in front of thier monitors hitting the refresh button just WAITING for them to put it up there

It's actually a pretty smart move and shows the total desparation and straw-clutching going on with the Liberals.

But then again, I actually like the guy.....

Thursday, March 06, 2008 7:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home