Saturday, September 01, 2007

I Promised...

...to get to this meme as soon as I was able. Joint pain has gone away while I wasn't looking, so I guess that defines "able." So here goes...

THINK BACK TO 4th year HS...Let's see how much you remember and how much you regret...
Oh, balls! A memory game...

What section were you? What's a section?

Who was your adviser? What's an adviser?

How many were you in one class? How many students in one class (I've only every been one person at a time, myself, although the possibility of being more than one person has an intriguing sound to it...)? That depended totally on what class I was in at the time. Some had only about ten and one class had over forty.

Who was/were your seat mates? None. Our school was able to afford individual desks for each student.

Still remember your english teacher? Absolutely. All of them, in fact.

What was your first class? We were on a six day week, so that would depend on which day it was.

Who was your best friend? That changed from year to year. Sometimes from month to month. When the military moves you around, you tend not to make friends to whom you can't emotionally afford to say goodbye.

Who did you like? Most people.

Made friends to the lower years? Not many. That was where my younger sibling lived, and we never did live comfortable with one another.

Had a boyfriend/girlfriend? A few. Nobody too special.

How was your class schedule? Full. The principal was of the opinion that if you keep busy with schoolwork, you won't have time to engage in the sort of intimate activities that tend to create future students.

Made any enemies? A few. Nobody special.

Who was your favorite teacher? Unfortunately, my favorite teacher was not one who conducted any of my classes, just the drama club, the yearbook committee, and the school paper.

What sports did you play? Sports? Sports? Next question...

Did you buy your lunch? Didn't have to. I worked in the cafeteria, so I got to eat for free. Even then, I knew on which side my bread was buttered...and where to find it.

Were you a party animal? Only if you count hibernating wolverines in that category.

Were you well known in your school? I dunno. You'd probably have to ask someone who went to the same school.

SKIP SCHOOL? Like a stone across the water, any chance I could.

Did you get suspended/expelled? Nope. Never got caught.

Can you sing the alma mater? What's the alma mater? If you can hum a few bars, maybe I can pick up the beat.

What was your favorite subject? Anything creative.

What was your school's full name? Ah, but that would identify the school. Naughty, naughty.

Did you go to the dances? Oh, yeah. Wanna know who played at my high school dances? Burton Cummings, Chad Allen, Randy Bachman...

If you could go back in time and do it all over, would you? Not a fucking chance.

What do you remember most about 4th year? Gritting my teeth and staying the course.

Favorite memory in 4th year? The end of it.

Worst memory in 4th year? The beginning of it. Anyone beginning to get the idea that I didn't like high school?

Where did you go most often for break? To what we laughingly called the Smoke Pit in the restaurant next door...out of the sight, sound, and authority of any stray teachers.

What did you do on the last day of school? Joined the Air Force.

How was your graduation? You'd have to ask someone who was there. I was in basic training at the time.

Got any honors or special awards? Didn't even stop long enough to get my diploma.

What year did you graduate? 1970.

Who posted this before you did? The Witch With The Gun. Gee, thanks, Jean. I really enjoyed (!) that trip down nightmare alley...

*****

Custom is to tag other bloggers with the meme. But I got to it late, so I'm going to just leave it as a pick-up meme. Anyone else interested in opening their veins about their angst-ridden teenage years, feel free.

4 Comments:

Blogger JeanC said...

:D

The Guess Who? I'm jealous!

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:19:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

They started playing the dances at my high school even before they were known as the Guess Who. Then Chad left the group, and their direction changed. Chad was a nice guy...easy to talk to...but his timing stunk.

Thursday, September 06, 2007 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger M. B. Dezotell said...

1976, Arlington HS. It sucked, but I graduated anyway.

High School was not the real world. It wasn't meant to be, but it tended to create false expectations of what the real world was. Some people enjoyed it anyway, and have pleasant memories of that time.

They should all die from terminal acne.

Friday, September 07, 2007 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I had a golden childhood and as perfect a high school career as anyone probably could. And would I go back. No fucking way. Even at its best, adolescence sucks rocks.

Friday, September 14, 2007 3:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home