Wednesday, March 07, 2007

"Have You Ever Noticed How Much They Look Like Orchids? Lovely."

But you can't call them what they are. Not if you're a schoolgirl attending John Jay High School in Lewisboro, NY.

Isn't this an amazingly stupid tempest in a teapot? I mean, what goes on in some peoples' alleged minds?

The news (?) item is one thing, but some of the reactions to the play from supposed grown-ups is absolutely infantile. There are people who hate the play because they say it demeans women. There are people who hate the play because they say it demeans men. And there are people who hate the play because it's got "that word" in it.

It also has another word in it. Same body part. Just a different word. My, aren't we versatile? And aren't we sensitive in our vesatility?

We are fucking logophobic is what we are.

And in the recent course of conversations, both online and in person, I was challenged in my defense of The Vagina Monologues by more than one person who demanded to know how I'd feel if someone put on something called The Penis Monologues. Well, guess what? Someone did.

Next!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Congrats to these girls for standing up against logophobia and more importantly, political correctness and their right to free speech.

I would also like to thank you Chimera for adding to my vocabulary...

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 6:49:00 PM  
Blogger M. B. Dezotell said...

I got another one for you: discatoscopia. I only use this word when I can't see shit. ;)

I wish I could buy a bumper sticker supporting feminism and V-Day: I LOVE VAGINAS!

But, I don't think I could get away with that.

Friday, March 09, 2007 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

Bumper sticker: I don't see why not. Have you seen some of the other stuff that gets plastered all across someone's rear end? Have you seen the GOATSE vanity plates (think I'm kidding? Go ahead and google it...)? LOL!

Besides, you almost got away with "discatoscopia"...

Friday, March 09, 2007 4:17:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

Dez, just for you:

http://www.bumperactive.com/custom_bumper_stickers.jsp

LOL! I googled it out of curiosity, and sure 'nuff...there's a site where you can make your own bumper stickers? Not bad for prices, either (considering that I already looked it up and they don't have the one you want, but they will make it for you if you want).

Friday, March 09, 2007 7:37:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I loved The Vagina Monologues. It was poetic. Nothing dirty about it at all. It was an ode to women. Some people are just so uptight I don't know how the even fart.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home