Saturday, February 17, 2007

Toldja So...

It took a little longer than I originally thought it would, but Harper has finally moved to silence John Cummins.

"Conservative whip Jay Hill said he had no choice but to remove Cummins..."

Held a gun to your head and threatened to pull the trigger, did he, Jay? Kidnapped your wife and kids and held them hostage until you kicked him in the teeth?

"Cummins was replaced by rookie Alberta Tory MP Blaine Calkins."

Oh, great. Not only is Blaine an absolute tyro (which explains a lot -- he'll be less likely to try to think for himself) in government, but he's a computer geek! Who better to run fisheries than a computer geek?

Now...with whom do I have the ten dollar bet regarding the signing of John Cummins' candidacy papers?

9 Comments:

Blogger Zorpheous said...

Oh, I'll take that bet. Not because I think I'll win, but I think it needs to made so you can blog about it when I lose.

Can I make a donation to the Green Party?

Saturday, February 17, 2007 5:23:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

You may donate my winnings to the Greens -- what a great idea! Or to any political party that is not yet represented in Parliament.

My original bet is with Candace (in the comments on my original post), although she hasn't officially accepted my alteration of her original proposal.

Saturday, February 17, 2007 5:37:00 PM  
Blogger Zorpheous said...

It will be interesting to see who wins or who loses on this bet.

Sunday, February 18, 2007 4:07:00 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

Sorry, I haven't visited lately, let me go find that post! (Although I'll see your 10 and raise you 10, but can I donate to a charity instead of a party?)

Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

I give - can you give me a link to the post?

Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

It's right here Candace... I "originally thought"

http://intothecavern.blogspot.com/search?q=Cummins

Monday, February 26, 2007 9:25:00 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

Thanks, Tim, sometimes I'm just blonde.

Monday, February 26, 2007 10:56:00 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Wait till you turn grey like me... you won't have that excuse anymore....lol

Time to start blamming the kid for everything! Its a better excuse anyways.... ;)

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger Chimera said...

"Although I'll see your 10 and raise you 10, but can I donate to a charity instead of a party?"

Yes, and yes. Twenty dollars to...something to help the homeless? Cancer research? AIDS research? Your choice (just let me know who gets it, 'kay?).

"It will be interesting to see who wins or who loses on this bet."

It's beginning to look like it doesn't matter which of us bloggers wins the bet -- the money will be going to someone else, who I'm sure will make excellent use of it!

And I guess in the interest of making it look like I'm not so blasted sure of myself, it behooves me to ask the same of Zorph and Candace. It looks like thirty to me. Mind if I make a donation to a charity?

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 1:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home