Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Snowbound

Grrrr... The building next to mine is about 100 feet away from my balcony door, and I can barely see it through the blizzard. I missed a very important appointment today because transit drivers cannot drive in this stuff. I don't trust car drivers around here -- not even taxi drivers, whose profession it is to navigate through visual obstacles that would make a seeing-eye dog quail. The birds are leaving trails of breadcrumbs between their nests and the feeding station so they don't get lost! And I swear I heard somebody in my building say that she saw a snowplow stuck in the ditch!

On such a day, I could at least give my fish some exercise. If I had one of these. And if I had an aquarium.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

You wimps! We here in Edmonton got hit as well. White outs everywhere. In a stretch of highway that is no more than 20 kms, there were, last I heard, 63 vehicles in the ditch! They could not see the road and simply drove straight in. I had to work today, fortunately the blowing snow had slowed a bit while I drove all over the city. It was sooooo much fun. Stay in and stay warm dude!

Those are the coolest aquarium accessories I have ever seen! If, and thats a very big if, I ever got back into the tropical fish thing, I want one!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 8:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw pictures of snow from a webcam in Barrie yesterday, there is a very tiny bit of white stuff floating down from the clouds today - but I don't think it's gonna amount to anything, we've given up on having winter here and are simply looking forward to an early start to the riding season.

Thursday, January 11, 2007 8:28:00 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

Do you at least have a fish to exercise?

Sunday, January 14, 2007 4:44:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

I used to have one...a Bekko koi... Unfortunately, the last time I saw him was during a horrendous snowstorm. We had gone for a walk and he slipped his leash, diving into the nearest snowbank. His coloring gave him enough camouflage that he was able to escape completely.

That's the last time I will have a fish in my home. They can be so fickle in their affections...

;)

Monday, January 15, 2007 11:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home