Saturday, December 23, 2006

All I Want And All I Don't Want

What a helluva time of year to bring out the memes...and Tim thinks I don't have enough to do already!

Three things I want, three things I don't want, and tag five others. Hmmmmmm....

I Want:

1. Certain "words" and expressions to disappear from the vocabulary. Things like "asshat" and "right-whinger" and "fiberal." If you wanna insult someone, at least show a little imagination, fercrissake! Copying somebody else's ignorance is being just plain lazy.

2. A cease-and-desist over who "owns" Christmas. Nobody owns it, ya knuckleheads! Christmas is a multi-ethnic and multicultural event. Get used ta sharing. And quit whining over whether it's supposed to be religious (and whose religion and/or version thereof) or commercial. It's both. Shit, even the three wise men bought gifts, right? At least, if you buy the mythology, they did...

3. A world-wide cease fire over anything that has a philosophical root -- like religion, or whether or not gays ought to be allowed to get married to each other. These are artificial reasons for war. The real reason governments send their young populations to war is because the people who run those governments think it's to their benefit to wage war. They like to have battles being waged all the time, just so long as they, personally, don't have to participate. It's an economic thing. It's an emotional thing. It's one of the ugliest aspects of the human animal. Cut it out already.

I don't want:

1. Any lip outa you. Or you, either. Eat your dinner. Drink your eggnog. Unwrap your present and be glad it's not coal (although, with global warming making fossil fuels less desirable, perhaps we ought to start looking for a coal substitute. Somebody wanna get Monsanto and similar companies to come up with something useful for a change?).

2. Any biblical quotes as "proof" of anything. Anywhere. Anytime. Until such time as the actual flesh-and-blood authors of this series of fantastical short stories are identified as having been real, live, historical people, I don't accept the bible as a historical document. Ditto the Qu'ran. And I'd throw in the Book of Mormon and Dianetics, except I know those guys were real. I just wanna know what they were smokin', is all...

3. For anybody to take any of this toooooooo seriously. Jeez, if my answers to this meme got you all upset and angry, get a life already! Take a pill and get your blood pressure checked, huh? Or quit takin' pills and get your blood pressure checked. Relax. Feed the birdies. Get off your own Top Ten Favorite People list for awhile.

Now I gotta interrupt the last-minute rush-to-get-things-done-before-Santa-arrives of five other people? Okay. I'm going with people who are too far away to come over to the Cavern and hit me:

Rick
Ian
Jean
Alex
Dawg

If I don't see ya before the guy in the red suit cuts a hole in the roof because he can't find the chimney (not because you don't have a chimney, but because he's had 'way too much eggnog already), have a good one -- whatever you call it!

(PS: This new version of Blogger is no better than the old version for setting colors other than the default. Those links are supposed to be red!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

"Those links are supposed to be red!" One out of five ain't bad... better odds than the NDP will ever have of becomming the ruling party in Canada. Great job on the meme... way better than mine... Merry Christmas or whatever....

Saturday, December 23, 2006 3:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, since I'm tagged, do I just write three things like that? Do they all have to be non-material things? Either way, I'll give it a shot, and you tell me how I did. :P

Saturday, December 23, 2006 8:08:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

Tim: No, not better, just different. You already used two of the three "don't wants" before I could, so I had to think. You made me think, dammit! LOL!

Alex: Everyone is different. You'll get your own style as you go. You can follow the links to other blogs and see how they do it, but I think it's important to be yourself, rather than a carbon copy of someone else.

Sunday, December 24, 2006 10:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chimera - would you send me an email if you have a chance, or if you don't mind me having your email address?

Wanted to say something to you that I didn't want to publish on a blog.

My email - ian at ianism dot com.

Sunday, December 24, 2006 1:52:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

My e-mail address is on my profile. But sure...wait for it...

Sunday, December 24, 2006 2:18:00 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

Merry whatever-it-is-you-celebrate, Chimera!

Monday, December 25, 2006 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger DazzlinDino said...

Merry Chri....Happy Holidays bud...

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger JimBobby said...

Whooee! I jest noticed you been sendin' a few vistors my way, Chimera. Thankee kindly an' bestest wishes fer 2007.

JimBobby

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger ricky said...

I did it!
I want and don't want!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 7:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home