Monday, June 19, 2006

Updating This Beast...

Okay, it's been awhile since I've done any blogging housework. I'm a lousy blog housekeeper. Tell me something I don't know.

But this entry by Andrew prompted me to get busy with the sidebar again. Anyone who manages to get himself banned from his own blog, even temporarily, automatically gets a link to my temperamental site.

So, if you have trouble getting the Cavern to hold still, don't fret -- it's just me trying to figure out how to drive this thing. Again.

LATER...

Okay, done for now. And this time, it didn't take too long. Usually, updating the sidebar involves yelling, stomping of feet, threats to delete and never reactivate the thing again -- all accompanied by that idiotic update clock that spins mindlessly around and around and around while telling me that "this may take a few minutes, especially if you have a large blog." Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't stuck on 2% the whole time, and then occasionally does a *whoops, gone* peek-a-boo act, followed by frantic scrambling to figure out wotthehell went wrong this time!

So, in no particular order, I've added:

Andrew
Wandering Scribe
Jacqueline
The Consumerist
Boing Boing
CFSR

And I'm about to give up with the stupid color commands on this idiotic thing. I like the links color to be red, so I tell it red, and it does what it bloody feels like.

Anyone got a hammer?

2 Comments:

Blogger JeanC said...

No hammer, but I got a double barreled shotgun you can use :D

Monday, June 19, 2006 1:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya brother. As you know I love fooling around with code, and once in a while I go to my site and "DAMN, it's gone again...."....lol

Monday, June 19, 2006 3:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home