Friday, April 07, 2006

Drama Queens 'R' Us!

(H/T Beep Beep) ...and one of these days, I'll find out just how she finds all this great stuff!

I don't watch television -- haven't had it hooked up for years -- but as I understand it, there is, or was, a "reality show" called Trading Spouses. Yes/no/maybe? Those so-called "reality" shows are the main reason I don't watch television, by the way -- if I hafta pay good money outa my pocket, I want fantasy, and lots of it! I can get reality by walking out my front door!

*Ahem* Anyway, I vaguely remember hearing about this show, or something like it. Where two people switch houses for a period of time, and become the "spouse" (I'm assuming without bedroom privileges, but maybe that's one of the unspoken perks; who knows?) in each other's house. There's a cash prize for going through with it. And a camera crew gets to invade the privacy of both families for the edification and entertainment of the rest of the world...

This clip looks to be the finale and homecoming of one supersized fundamentally insane fundamentalist after she spent a period of time in a pagan household! Watch her terrify her youngest child with her screaming and histrionics. Watch the rest of her family visibly wish they could be elsewhere. Watch her tear up the cheque she got from the TV show -- tear it into confetti and throw it, and the camera crew, out the door.

Then watch the end credits, and read that she got another cheque, cashed it, and got herself some tummy staples so she wouldn't have to spend time, energy, and will-power on a diet!

Oh, yeah -- right under the video screen is a link to "view comments." After you've watched it, if you can make it all the way through, give yourself another laugh by reading the viewer reactions...

7 Comments:

Blogger JeanC said...

I refuse to watch the show, there is or was one called "Wife Swap" on another channel. These so called reality shows are junk and people just need to ignore them. Esp when they put mentally unstable people like this woman on for all the world to gawk at.

Friday, April 07, 2006 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

If she's such a "God Warrior" then what was she doing even signing up for the show? What a psycho-b*tch-from-hell! Those poor kids.

Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:30:00 AM  
Blogger Chimera said...

I think this is one of those shows where your family signs you up -- kinda the same way as "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy." If you go through with it, you get money (the amount mentioned here was $50,000.00).

At least, that's what I gathered when she was screaming about "didn't you even ask if they were Christian?"

Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Howlin' Hobbit said...

A couple years ago I discovered a website called Family Tradition Music featuring the Abbott family, their family bluegrass band and their "Toneway Method" for learning to play music.

They're pretty odd ducks, one and all, but I really enjoyed their site, their one son's writing and the whole scene they'd put together for themselves.

Well, they went on Trading Spouses and were appalled by how the producers presented them.

You can check out my Open Letter To The Abbott Family as well as links to the discussion group they put together about it and the trouble they had with the Trading Spouses folks for doing so.

For the first time in about two years, there's now a television set in my house. It, as well as a DVD and VCR player were gifted to us about a week ago. I'm happy to report that we don't get regular TV programming here, we have simply been watching my Fallen Angel's collection of movies on it... and not on a daily basis either.

It's amazing how much music, reading and other really useful pursuits one can get done when one doesn't have the distraction of the glass teat on a 24/7 basis.

HH

Saturday, April 08, 2006 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Howlin' Hobbit said...

Dang! Put the wrong link for Family Tradition Music in the above comment.

Sorry!

Saturday, April 08, 2006 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Chimera said...

"Glass teat."

Ah, a Harlan fan, too, eh? Good stuff!

Read your letter -- I've hear that Fox has a nasty reputation for its "editing for convenience." I wouldn't know from experience, but lots of people say the same thing...

I have a membership on a private pagan forum, and one of the "Wife Swap" producers got herself a membership there so she could troll for prospects. That was about a year ago, I think. Nobody took her up on it.

Saturday, April 08, 2006 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

Glad you enjoyed the clip mate :)

Sunday, April 09, 2006 5:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home