Sunday, February 05, 2006

Four By Four -- Another Meme

Looks like I've been tagged again, this time by Zorph. And this ain't gonna be as easy as it looks...

Four vehicles I've owned:
Kawasaki 100
Honda 150
Yamaha 350
Suzuiki 650
-- Don't ask for years or models, because they have long gone, and I don't remember. I do remember that the Yamaha was my personal favorite -- much more pickup than the mere "350" would suggest...

Four jobs I've had:
Short-order cook
Grocery stocker
Pizza delivery
Auto parts delivery
-- And this is barely scratching the surface. I'm the restless sort.

Four place I've lived:
Trenton, Ontario
Whitehorse, Yukon
Gimli, Manitoba
Kingston, Ontario
-- All military bases (or were at the time -- two of them are now closed).

Four vacations I've taken:
-- Life is a vacation, guys. I rarely plan anything like this (except for one trip to Florida for the opening of Disney World and a tour of Cape Canaveral -- that took two weeks).

Four tags:
DazzlinDino
Candace
Warbicycle
Ian

Carry on...

8 Comments:

Blogger WarBicycle said...

I've lived in Montreal, Chateauguay Quebec., Halifax, Dartmouth, Hubbards Nova Scotia, Victoria, British Columbia and St. Catharines, Port Colborne, Welland and Fonthill, Ontario. I've only had two jobs in 45 years--communications technician in the military and realtor.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 2:10:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

Comm. tech, eh? Signals Corps?

...but you're supposed to do this as a post on your own site, then tag four more bloggers to do the same...

Sunday, February 05, 2006 3:11:00 PM  
Blogger WarBicycle said...

Comm Tech--Navy, until the mid 80's we were all crossed trained as operator maintainers. I'll tag a few people as soon as I get my outstanding work done this evening.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

Okey dokey -- I'll be around later to read and maybe comment...

Sunday, February 05, 2006 4:01:00 PM  
Blogger DazzlinDino said...

I know how ya feel about holidays, as a contractor it's hard for me to book the time.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 4:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok.. tag nonsense completed on my blog :)

*mutter mutter*

Sunday, February 05, 2006 7:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice list of wheels, I started my 2 wheeled life on a much smaller bike than yours - a 10cc Coleman minibike... after working up to a 49cc moped so I could get on the road (I was too young for a drivers license so had to go that route) and then moving through the 100 - 500 range (dirt & street) I am currently restoring and riding a 1982 XJ750.

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:18:00 AM  
Blogger Chimera said...

What I liked about my Yamaha (RD series -- the only one I remember) was the way it seemed to become part of me when I was riding. It wasn't a good touring bike though, which is why I went for the Baby Buffalo.

Monday, February 06, 2006 10:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home