Monday, January 09, 2006

Tagged...

Jeez, I take the weekend off, and everybody gets busy on me... DazzlinDino wants me to tell the world how weird I am.

I'm not weird. I'm quite sure there are lots of people in the world with naturally tartan hair.

Five weird things about me? Okay, okay; but don't say I didn't warn ya:

1. I don't like to talk on the phone. Matter of fact, I hate talking on the phone. I don't even own a phone. Ya wanna talk to me, you e-mail me.

2. I have a large flat-screen TV, but I don't watch television. I got rid of cable about ten or twelve years ago, and I don't miss it. I don't even own rabbit ears. I watch movies, though. Lots of them.

3. About those movies -- I've seen some of them so many times that I've got the scripts practically memorized. Top Gun. GI Jane. All About Eve. Independence Day.

4. I collect "useless but interesting" trivia. Like the fact that the Titanic would never have made it to New York even if she hadn't hit the iceberg. She had been on fire since before leaving Southampton, and the captain knew, but he left port anyway, figuring they could put the fire out once they were at sea. He was wrong. And did you know that one of her four smoke stacks was false? It was only there for the esthetics. It wasn't functional.

5. I not only read the labels on food packages, but I understand what all those arcane ingredients are. And why they're not good for you. Sometimes I buy them anyway. I have a really hard time turning down cheese nacho chips, even though the cheese isn't, and the corn is genetically modified. YUM!

Is there anyone left to whom to pass the tag?

Well, the Caribou Kid has been lookin' real serious lately. Take a weirdness break, Rick!

And Cycles is taking the election rhetoric to heart, too.

And let's bring SandMonkey in, all the way from Egypt (and if you haven't seen his blog yet, do go and visit for awhile -- he does some wonderful posts!).

Weird away, men!

3 Comments:

Blogger DazzlinDino said...

Cool facts about the Titanic, never knew that. We also don't have cable, but I do have a 32" TV with full surround sound, and we also watch TONS of movies, I figured my kids had about $2500 in DVDs alone, don't even get me started on the vhs.

We share pretty similar taste in movies too bud....

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:40:00 PM  
Blogger Psychols said...

No phone? That sounds like great.

No cable? How can you get out of bed in the morning?

Seriously, those of us who are wired in to everything from satellite TV to high speed Internet to cellular phones and Blackberries need to find a way to get unplugged. It is becoming a bit much, even for a techie like me.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:25:00 PM  
Blogger ricky said...

No cable here either. do watch movies though. Won't watch chainsaw or horror movies.

Nope not a chance...

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home