Sunday, December 04, 2005

Living At Ground Zero?

I can't say I'm thrilled with the choices to vote for in this election so far. The NDP candidate is the only one with name recognition -- and while I like her in person, I despise her politics (yes, I know how to separate the personality from the philosophy that is being wished on all of us). She was, however, a friend of the Cadman family, and therefore stands an excellent chance of getting Dona's endorsement. Dona's endorsement is worth mega votes!

The CPC candidate is a political virgin. Not likely to generate much interest. There's still a lot of anti-Harper feeling around for the way he treated Chuck Cadman. And the locals have long memories (we call it "bein' folksy").

The Greens are running someone whose name rings a local bell, but it's a very low profile name.

Never heard of the Liberal candidate.

And so far, that's all we've got. No Rhinos, no Natural Law, no Marijuana, no Libertarian, no...nobody really interesting.

Maybe I'll just go to Florida for the rest of the winter. This one's gonna be a yawner...

3 Comments:

Blogger DazzlinDino said...

Hey....you got something against virgins?????.....lol

Monday, December 05, 2005 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger Chimera said...

That depends entirely on what I'm doing with said virgin!!!!!...LOL!

Seriously, this one is a sacrificial lamb being staked out to satisfy the blood-lust of the locals, I think. Then, if he's serious about a political career, and he can come back from a beating without taking it personally, he might stand a chance next time.

I mean -- he doesn't even look old enough to shave:

http://www.conservative.ca/?section_id=1051&linkTo=true&districtId=1825

Monday, December 05, 2005 2:20:00 PM  
Blogger DazzlinDino said...

I wonder if he can stay up late enough to see the final election results....

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 10:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home