Saturday, October 01, 2005

Blogs, Boobs, and Bold Ideas

Baring It All for Breast Cancer

(Link to story here)

I'm looking at the photograph of my breasts and thinking, "Wow, do I really look like that?" They're half-floating in the hot tub, nipples growing taut in the chill of the San Francisco morning.

Sounds good, doesn't it? But I'm unhappy. You can see my veins through my skin, and the tan line separating breast from chest makes them look saggy, even bobbing gently on the water.

I realize that I'm almost too vain to publish these. It's not the photographer's fault. Because yes, I really do look like that.

But then I remind myself that this isn't about being hot. These photos are not intended to titillate; or, not exactly. Rather, they are part of a titillating idea that started as a joke but soon became a bona fide bosom buddy to breast cancer researchers.

And as soon as I decided to participate in this year's Blogger Boobie-Thon, I knew I couldn't do it halfway.

What I like about this idea is that it's for both men and women. Men can get breast cancer, too. It's a rare event, but it can happen.

I had never seen or heard of this before, and I just kinda stumbled on it. I'm posting it to help promote it. Go hit the story link, read both pages, check out the links, and post it on your own site. Such a novel way of raising funds to defeat a killer deserves to be spread around the blogosphere! E-mail the link to your friends. E-mail the link to your political representatives!

And don't forget to "buy" your password...

2 Comments:

Blogger DazzlinDino said...

great stuff.....

TAG by the way....

Saturday, October 01, 2005 9:12:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

Great! LOL!

I'll have to get back to this when I've got some time. I'm busy with funeral and estate stuff at them moment, okay?

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 5:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home