Saturday, September 03, 2005

Grab a Laugh -- Decompress

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." -- Jimmy Buffett (more or less)

There is so much raw emotion being generated by what's happening (or not happening) in Katrina's wake, that I started "tuning it out."

You can overload your sense of outrage and anger, just like you can overload your sense of smell and taste (and for the sakes of those people stranded without toilets and bathing facilities, I sure hope they've been able to overload their sense of smell!). One of the by-products of overload is ennui.

So, with a view to staving off that sense of "oh, well, that's the way it is," I went looking for something off-topic. Something funny, with a bit of a bite to it. Something I could take a break with, so my sense of humanity didn't completely sink into the morass of despair that I've noticed popping up more often, now.

So, grab a laugh. Decompress. Start with this first one, and I'll add more as I find them...

I was fired for eating pizza! and other stories.

2 Comments:

Blogger DazzlinDino said...

Dude, I just came from some liberal bashing, man did I need that, excellent post.....

Saturday, September 03, 2005 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

Thank you, kind sir.

I've been watching the battles over Katrina and the blame-throwing and finger-pointing. What got me very tired very fast is that it's so damed polarized. Nobody's responsible for anything, everybody's to blame for everything..ghaaaaaaak!

I need a sanity fix.

Stay tuned...

Sunday, September 04, 2005 1:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home