Sunday, September 04, 2005

And Just What Do You Have Under That Heavy Coat?

VANCOUVER/CKNW(AM980) - Prohibited goods are not souvenirs.That advice from border guards expecting to have a busy Labour Day long weekend.

Paula Shore with the Canada Border Services Agency says certain products, including fruit and guns, are not allowed into canada, "We find over the Labour Day weekend, lots of families are doing back-to-school shopping. Kids inevitably want a treat, something a little different. They bring things home that are prohibited in Canada like brass knuckles, replica handguns, those kinds of things."

This should not come as much of a surprise to anyone, but it's not a really good idea to carry around a replica handgun -- people who have real guns might get the wrong idea. Like, that you know what you are doing. And/or that you might use it (trust me -- they will assume it's real!).

Keep your replicas where I keep mine -- in a safe place. And if I told you where, I'd have to go get my non-replicas...

As for the brass knuckles, well, it's news to me that they're illegal in Canada. They were legal enough when I got mine, a few years ago (does that give away my age?) I guess I'm going to have to disguise them as pairs of gloves, now, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home