Monday, August 29, 2005

I have a troll! Well, damn! Ain’t that special?

Not really.

Before I got my own blog up and running (well, it’s limping a bit for now, but I’m learning), I visited a lot of blogs. Some of them are linked in the sidebar over to the right. Sometimes I left comments. But I never left an anonymous comment. I always signed a name (it wasn’t “Chimera” then, but it was always the same name). It’s good manners, when you’re talking to someone, to let them know with whom they are conversing.

Unless you’re a troll. Trolls have no manners.

There has been an unfortunate trend, lately, for hit-and-run comments. A lot of my blogger companions have started requiring registration before you can leave a comment. I’m trying to avoid doing this, as it tends to discourage someone who just wants to say a quick “Hi!” – I mean, go through the sign-in, write a comment, sign-out – who needs the hassle?

And, too, when registration is required, you can only register as a blogger. When I first saw that on one of my regular visits, I thought I wasn’t going to be able to leave a comment – at the time, I didn’t have a blog. (Psssst! Having a blog is not required in order to register – all you need to do is fill in some information , and you get a passcode, and you can leave comments again – and you’ll also leave your registered name.)

It’s a hemorrhoid. But then, so is my troll.

So, new rule here at Chimera’s Cavern: Sign your name to your comments. It doesn’t have to be your real name, as long as it’s a consistent name, every time you leave a comment. No exceptions.

As of the time of this posting, if you leave an anonymous comment, you’d better take a screenshot of it if you want to brag about it, because as soon as I find it, it’s gone.



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, August 29, 2005 4:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, August 29, 2005 5:00:00 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

You wouldn't be purposely sensoring differing opinions now would you? Hope not because that would look bad.

Monday, August 29, 2005 7:01:00 PM  
Blogger DazzlinDino said...

Anonamous bloggers are the ones that have no arguement, just an opinion....

Monday, August 29, 2005 7:18:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

Hey, Richard

Naw...I gave fair warning, and she refused to pay heed. I've left all her previous comments where she put them. If you're gonna scroll through the trash, though, you might want to put on some gloves...

Nice of you to drop by.

Monday, August 29, 2005 7:22:00 PM  
Blogger Chimera said...

And Dino, too (you musta posted while I was composing)! Welcome to my humble little abode-on-the-net.

One of these days, when I learn a little more about code writing, will you tell me how you got your headliner to look that good?

Monday, August 29, 2005 7:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, August 29, 2005 7:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, August 29, 2005 8:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home